And I guess writing a novel - brace yourself - I go all over the place here...
Another great day. I am loving this job more and more each time I go there. Nic came by for lunchtime...really to have lunch with Kyle and Dale...but it just so happens that Kyle and I work at the same place, so I got to join their Wednesday men's lunch - how special am I.
Currently reading: God's Word, yes, the Bible... and Worldliness by Mahaney. This is part of my "read along with Nic" goal. The on purpose books he's reading for school. He has asked if, in my free time I would consider reading them as well. So that we can be on the same page as far as input. And I'm partly into The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers - it's taking a bit for me to get into this one. Maybe it'll be amazing once I get more into the story, but it's turning out to be a little of a dud so far compared to the riveting novels I have recently had my nose in...particularly the ones about 911, which I learned there is a third in the series - I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
Currently missing: Mom and Dad. Your encouragement of Nic and me is irreplaceable. Amy - I even wrote you down, Sissy, for the question: if you could invite anyone to breakfast who would it be? Yep, my favorite sister in all the world... My cool bro Chris and his Kelsey. You two are so much fun - I enjoyed especially when we were home last time. Just casual hanging out, but fun, ya know? Carol, I miss you, too, so much!...so many things we would do together - Survivor, I set the table while you get dinner ready. I miss spending the night at your house. Always having those amazing smelling clean sheets. And just the way it's easy to have conversation with you. It's the little things, sometimes :) But also the big things - you are a selfless servant. I am amazed everytime we are with you at how you humbly and cheerfully consider the needs of the boys and me and others above your own. I am thankful for your example of Christlike mother and friend. I miss Grace Fellowship and all my amazing sisters and brothers. I'm feeling the void of being away from you all. I miss a place of our own. While we are experiencing many blessings living with another family we love to have our own space...all to ourselves. I also miss, my family at Cascade Valley Hospital! I had the best time working with all the staff there. I can't wait for the day when we are back in Seattle visiting and I can see them again!!! Just thinking about it makes me laugh with happiness :) I miss Karlie - I am excited for the new journey she's headed on with David in marriage. God is faithful, remember this, sweet sister. And love every minute of the time you get to spend with David when he's not studying - I know how it is!
Two things have plagued me since we arrived in Dubuque. One, my nose has not stopped running. Some kind of allergies. And I forget...every day...to take an allergy pill, or half of one even, just anything! So, I'm always sniffling or blowing my nose. I'm sure it's annoying! It's even so funny, for example, Nic and I will be reading side by side on our bed and I won't even realize I've sniffed until Nic hands me a tissue and I ask him "have I been sniffling very long?" to which he replies "no, but you will if you don't take this:)" And two, I haven't gotten a full night's sleep since we've arrived, either. And until yesterday I don't think I really paid much attention to it except to think how odd it is, since I have been able to sleep soundly anywhere in the past. But not so here, if it's not one thing it's another - which is crazy - our bed is so comfy. Usually, I have to get up and go potty - I haven't had to do this regularly in years! Although, last night I remembered something. The blessed 5 hours I slept straight through on my flight back from Ethiopia. It was the leg from DC to Seattle. You know what I had? An eye pillow. Blocks out all the light and keeps my eyes closed when they may be tempted to open up and see what the racket is. Yes! I wore this - nerdy, I know - last night and slept so well! Poor Nic, I'm sure it's like sleeping next to...what would it be like - a rock? Anyway, it was wonderful and I felt great when the alarm went off this morning - I popped out of bed and got all ready to go.
But, considering how happy I wake up, I have been grouchy in the evenings. This sucks for Nic. :( I am praying and would appreciate yours for my attitude in the evenings. I need God's help - I can't think of any better way to describe myself - grouch. Ah, it's ugly and sin and stupid. Nic deserves a cheerful wife who is happy and ready to serve, gentle and a good companion. I know the Lord can bring me through this.
Happy media free week starting tomorrow. It's really a great thing to do every now and again...remove ourselves from the grips of this world...in a small way. Because I know that the worldliness that I experience each day comes from my sinful nature, too. Hm, many things to ponder on my week off of tv, computer, music, movies, etc.
Okay, I think that's enough! :)
Enjoy your media fast. We need one here. I completely relate to forgetting to take an allergy pill. I did that for years and my mom could never figure out why I would forget. Actually, I don't know either. Now I'm good about my allergy medication.
ReplyDeleteHope you're enjoying your media break! Just thought I'd stop in and leave you a little hello to see when you get back :) Glad your new job is going well too! Hooray!
ReplyDelete