Anyway, the spaghetti, garlic bread and salad was wonderful! Not to mention, bear with me, for dessert we were served vanilla ice cream with peanut butter spread over it, topped with blueberry sauce. Mmmm, I know it may sound interesting...maybe a little yucky, but it's pretty good! Something I definitely could see myself whipping up at home sometime!
After dinner, Dr. Van Dine sat in the living room with all the students and asked each to answer a series of questions like: What's your name? Where are you from? What brought you to Emmaus? What do you think of your experience here so far? What are your hobbies? What is your favorite book/movie? Each student answered these, which was fun for Nic and I to hear everyone's answers and to participate ourselves. It's a great way to get to know quite a few things about each one who came. I was pleased to help serve up the infamous dessert - I always like to be included in a serving way - Mrs. Van Dine enlisted my help in preparing the dessert and I was more than happy to help :)
No comments:
Post a Comment