Thursday, October 21, 2010

Long Time No Blog?

It's been a little while...maybe a few days since I've posted an entry- can't have been TOO long, no one has complained :-)

Things are keeping busy. Funny how, when we first arrived I was bored all the time, and now I can't seem to find the time of day to slow down. Well, that's partially true. I have really enjoyed times when Nic is studying, which is most weekday evenings that he's not working. And when he's doing that, I'm able to read whatever book my nose finds to bury itself. Most recently, I have read the two books: One Tuesday Morning and Beyond Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury. These are about September 11th and how it could have looked in the lives of survivors. I enjoyed it so much and I highly recommend the books - they're a quick read...draws you in and leaves you satisfied when finished. I borrowed these books from the library, on Jeanette's recommendation, and am so glad I took her up on it! I don't remember the last time I checked out a book for pleasure from the library. Last I can recall, I checked out books for school, like research projects...and then before that it was picture books, or easy reads in elementary school! But what with our lack of mulah and the time I have to read while Nic is studying, I think the library will be my new favorite place to frequent. They also have pretty current DVDs, the one I have waiting for me is Julia and Julia - I watched this for the first time with my dear friend Judy and loved it - we can't wait to see it again!

Things at Old Navy have been going fine - We'll see what my schedule looks like come next week when I start at Medline as well as when the holidays start coming at us fulll force. This could be a crazy next few months what with two jobs, one of them retail and very driven for sales and all that. Hm, a little prioritizing for time is going to be so necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment