Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who Needs Clean Laundry?! We do!

So, the other day, I was doing laundry and I realized...

I have been using fabric softener instead of laundry detergent - for two whole months! Oh my...

I ran upstairs and told Nic the news - we laughed and laughed...and decided we should go get some detergent :-P

We decided on Tide...because that's what Carol uses...and we love her...and it reminds us of home. Oh, and because it sold itself to us by the advertising on the back with things like "since there is less water in HE washing machines, the Tide HE detergent has dirt-capturing something or others that binds to dirt leaving your clothes more clean" - my first thought, which I promptly shared with Nic, "This is perfect for our family, hey, listen to this!" and proceeded to read him the ad on the back - way to go Tide! haha...I guess I'm a sucker.

Silly me, you'd think it wouldn't have taken this long to figure out, what with our clothes not getting, well, I'll just say it - really, they've merely been being rinsed, not washed, for two months. Bleh. We noticed that our whites were looking a little dingy...maybe that's what prompted me to look at the bottle downstairs. All our clothes and towels and sheets were coming out SOOOO soft, though...maybe that should have been a hint, haha!

Don't worry, folks, we're back to having clean laundry! I still can't believe this - I'm shaking my head in disbelief even now :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh,man! This one had me cracking up!!! Fabric softener does smell lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha This is something that I can see myself doing but not you! - Amy Jean

    ReplyDelete