Christmas Eve Nic's family came over and we did our traditional Secret Santa gift exchange. We played Pictionary, decorated cookies and had a yummy dinner: Clam Chowder in bread bowls, barbecue ribs and caesar salad. Aaron was my secret santa and he got me a sweatshirt blanket from MI and a cool stained glass picture that you hang on the window, and a silly U.P. comic book. And Isaac was Nic's santa and he got Nic a stud finder and a level that sticks to the wall like a gecko. That way when you need to draw a straight line on the wall you just press the level up to the wall where you want it and it doesn't slip... Pretty neat, if you ask me!
For Christmas Nic and I enjoyed our morning at home together this year. We got up and exchanged stockings, then made breakfast together: Bacon, eggs and waffles! (with our new waffle maker!) Then presents! Nic loved the iPod dock, along with other little things, that I got him. And Nic showered me with gifts, he's so giving. A fuzzy sweater, a fuzzy sweatshirt and an amazing coat. The book Twelve Extraordinary Women (MacArthur) on disc so I can listen to it in the car on my way to work! He's so thoughtful.
Later in the afternoon, we headed down to my parent's house to spend the evening with them. There were supposed to be more extended family there, but they were coming from Bainbridge and I guess they got a lot of snow and couldn't go off the island. We missed seeing them, for sure! Straight away when we got there we opened presents! My parents got Nic a Leatherman tool and they got me a sewing machine!!! Hooray, I can finally finish my T-shirt quilt!!! Amy got Nic the long awaited sweatshirt and Chris got him a cool hat. For me, Amy gave a really cute dress outfit and Chris gave me a baking cook book and a chia herb garden. I'm really excited to use both! We had a really great time hanging out after that. We played some Rock Band, Pictionary, and had a delicious ham dinner! Scott, Amy's boyfriend was able to come, too, we sure love that guy! After dinner Scott and Amy went out to return some movies and Chris, Nic and I set up a sabotage for when they got back. We built a snowman and put it in front of their parking spot and made a pile of snow balls to throw at them when they got back! ;) Our sabotage was a success! Hahaha :) Nic and I decided to spend the night, too, since it was getting really late by the time we were thinking of leaving and we both were feeling SO tired. So we stayed! I just love spending morning-time with my parents. To see my Dad in the Word, Mom serving cheerfully. They are such a great example of a godly marriage and terrific parents!! I love you guys! ;)
Anyway, we had a wonderful Christmas and are eternally grateful to our Lord and Savior :
"Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death -- even death on a cross!" Phil. 2:6-8
Praise and glory be to our God forever and ever, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment