Today has been a terrific Saturday. Nic and I went to our respective parents' homes. Nic to his parent's to do some maintenance on the Focus. And I to my parent's to spend some time with my mom for her birthday! Things went well with fixin' the car. And I had a great time with my mom and dad. I brought her a bouquet of flowers...roses and such, spent some time hanging out, then took my mom, dad and Chris to lunch at Claim Jumper! It was a treat to see Chris...he was working when we called him, but got let off early, so he could join us for lunch instead of serve us. Spending time with my family made me start getting even more excited about Christmas when we get to spend all day with them - and we'll all be together, even Amy!
When both Nic and I got home, we put up some more Christmas lights around our fireplace, then decided to watch a movie...The Day After Tomorrow. So appropriate since it's snowing out. It made us feel like we were surviving the next Ice Age ;) Now, we're going to go for a walk in the beautiful snow. We'll get all bundled up...and maybe there will be enough snow that's stuck to make a few snow balls!

Snow! Yea! I hope it snows while we're there. It snowed here last night and some this morning. We got a couple inches from what I can tell.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had some good quality time with your parents. I envy you a bit. We've had some issues with my family and now there's that awkward distance. Anyway, I'm looking forward to some good time with Dave's parents. You guys have wonderful families, cherish them!