Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Snow, Please!

Here I am, sipping my hot cocoa, waiting for dinner to finish baking. What a week it has been! I've done lots of driving in the snow...and finally got cables for my car last night. I really needed them. The roads are okay until I get up to around Marysville and on to Arlington. It's really bad the closer to the hospital I get. I've gotten 'almost' stuck a couple times already. But now I have chains and they make me feel unstoppable in the snow! Although, I'm still a really careful driver. It's just not worth goofing around! It's been really weird to be going out and braving the weather. I am so used to being excused from any sort of responsibility by school closure! And, yes, I miss being able to stay all cozy in my pjs and flip on the tv in the morning and look for my school and see if the district is closed or even, late arrival. Then promptly climb back into my warm bed and enjoy at least another hour or so of snoozing. Those days are long gone, baby! And, for now, that's okay with me...

Also, throughout the past few days I've been doing an all encompassing balance of our 'checkbook'. Oh my word, that was tedious! And I only came out about 11 cents off once I found all the mistakes I'd made in the past year. Oops, miss-adding and losing about 300 bucks in the mix. That was a nice find!

Work has been unusually crazy this week. You'd think that no patients would show up since the weather is so ridiculous to drive in. And Arlington is the worst! Take it from me. It's only by the grace of God that I have even made it to work this week! My theory on patients coming for their surgery in this weather is that they just really want to get it done because they'd rather be out of commission during Christmas break than when they need to be going back to work. And I bet it's a huge hassle to reschedule a surgery. But anyway, it's been busy busy and I've been really enjoying it! With the snow brings lots of broken bones. Stay safe out there, it's SLICK! You don't want to have an ORIF if you can help it, seriously, keep all your bones intact, that's how our bodies work best, you know ;)

Okay, I'm going to go give Nic a kiss...and have dinner - Yum! I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment