Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's been awhile


Goodness, it's been quite some time since I've written. Not because there's nothing to write about, but for the very reason that I've been too too too busy!

+ I had a great birthday. Nic bought me some Dansko's for work. We went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory downtown. Dave and Kami came over to celebrate the coming of the New Year with us...And Kami made this incredible and huge e'clair. It was a Very Happy Birthday ;)

+ I got a job. Same one I had, only this time: 4 ten hour days a week instead of 5 eights (I was per diem before); Benefits, which include the normal medical/dental/vision/etc, AND they pay a chunk of money toward my fitness center, I accrue PTO (PAID time off - this is amazing), and lots more. I just love it there and I am excited to work there a long time. Well, until the Lord brings something else or moves us. However He leads, we will follow.

+ Nic's gramma Priscilla (the Gramma who is graciously allowing us to reside in this beautiful condo in Edmonds) was here to visit the past week or so. It was great to have her - Nic and I always love to spend time with this sweet woman.

(okay, this may not seem epic to you, but you weren't there)
+ We took our Christmas tree over to the Meyer's and in combination with their 2 trees had an AMAZING fire. I'm talking 20 foot tree standing straight up...the two smaller ones as 'kindling'...the flames were incredible. And, I mean, we all realized the seriousness of a Christmas tree going up in flames in seconds...here's the lesson: take your Christmas tree out right away - if that thing catches, your home is going down.

+ A while back my mom and I made meals and tonight I fixed up the Shish Kebabs. YUM!

1 comment: