Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lots of Random

We did a big Costco trip this evening. Woah, I totally didn't realize that we'd spend so much in so little time! But looking at all the foods we got and thinking of how much we'd normally spend on the same stuff at a regular grocery store, I'm so sure we saved a bunch :) Nic's friend from work, Alan, took us because we don't have a membership yet. We're still deciding...and I think we've decided we'll get one...just not yet. Maybe after the first of the year or something later like that. I was wondering if they have a specific year that you pay the 50 bucks fee for or does our year start the day we sign up? Does that make any sense? I'll look into it. This is serious business, after all.

So, I called my dad today to get a better grasp on how much we owe for my student loans... and well, if we're disciplined, I think we can pay it down in about a year. That'll be huge discipline, though. And we're not really really good with money. I mean we do fine, but we just have to get motivated to keep living like we're living and to save save save! You know, keep things in perspective and remember the freedom that we'll have to be out from under this. That's where Dave's program comes in. Lord help us!

Just in case anyone was wondering...everything with the hospital bill is taken care of. The lady I talked with from the school did indeed get things worked out and they're not contacting me from collections anymore! Hooray :)

My latest stresses are that I have to go to the dentist on Monday. I haven't been flossing and I know she'll get on me about that :( Also, I love work, but it's hard to let the student to do my job when I'm still so new and want to do it so that I can keep learning. But I'm asked to step back and let her do all the set up and passing and such. It's okay, just a little stressful because I'd like to be the one doing the learning still. And, Nic and I haven't been sleeping all that well. We switched sides in our bed last night and I didn't sleep a wink! What were we thinking? One more thing, my wedding and engagement rings are getting really hard to take off and put on. I have to take them off because I can't wear them during surgery. But I like to wear my rings, of course, so I put them back on after work. I think the daily ritual of taking them off and putting them back on is taking a toll on my knuckle, so it's rebelling and getting large. Lame, isn't it? I'm going to have to up size, I think.

My current joys - My husband: Nic and I have almost been married an entire year! It just keeps getting better and better. He's my favorite. I love his company more than anything. Our small group: We're getting more established and I am just really loving these people. It's getting to the point where I just can't wait to see them Friday nights. I almost feel like a child waiting for a birthday party or something :) My sister - and I went for a walk around Green Lake yesterday. Started with a latte and pastry from Starbucks...walked around twice. Enjoyed quality conversation and just soaked up each other's good company, not to mention the day was absolutely beautiful and warm. I love Amy! Jesus: He is teaching me softly. Tenderly prodding my heart and convicting me of things I need to submit to His authority. He is the BEST!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment