I can't believe this week is almost done! It seems like there are times in life where everything slows down and sometimes becomes monotonously snail-like...And then there are times, like now, where it feels like we're living in fast-forward. I am so thankful that God has chosen me for one of His own. There is purpose to all this! Today, during my lunch break at the hospital, Michelle, the new student, was talking about the current 'financial' crisis, expressing her irritation with someone who said they thought it was going to be the end of the world. She's just not ready for the world to end - there's so much more she wants to experience and do with her life. This I can understand, but I expressed to her the fact that I am so excited for the end of the world - That means Jesus is coming back!! :) Anything this life has to offer pales in comparison to our great Lord and Savior coming back to get us and bring us Home with Him. I was really encouraged with this reminder...that no matter what I have to look forward to in this life - There's so much more to anticipate in the Life after this one.
Ponder this, will you? Take great encouragement in Christ's words -
John 14:1-6 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place I am going...I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
I don't know about you, but I am eagerly awaiting Christ's return...and it is my goal to live every day like it's the Day He's returning.
Come, Lord Jesus, Come.
Amen, Sista! Well said.
ReplyDeleteAmen! Thanks for sharing that!
ReplyDeleteHeck Yes!!
ReplyDelete