Friday, September 19, 2008

This is What's Up

I'm finished with my first full week at the hospital! Things are going really well - the hardest part of it all is just getting up in the morning...Nic and I have to get up so early, it's incredible. We rise at 4:30AM - I know, it really IS ridiculous! The great thing about me working in Arlington is that Nic and I carpool - that gives us a half hour or so in the morning to be together before we start our work day. Plus, it cuts my commute in half! I sure can't complain about that :)

This week was pretty routine as far as surgeries go...It's great that I'm sticking around there now - it seems like people are more apt to investing in me personally now that they know I'm going to be there a while. Makes it more worth it, I guess, knowing that I'm not just the student that'll be heading out just as soon as all the required scrub hours are obtained. It's been a great transition and coming back after about a month off, I am realizing how much I actually learned and how much everyone missed me! If that's not confirming and encouraging, I don't know what is! :) Obviously, I'm still learning so much (I doubt I'll ever stop learning), but it's great to realize how much more comfortable I am after spending those months there as a student. There's another student there now, and I really want to remember to be as consciencious as possible remembering all the questions I had to start out and the uncertainty I had before I started to get more comfortable.

Today is Sam's birthday!! Happy Birthday, Sam! Tonight Nic and I are going to dinner with the Meyer's for Sam's birthday. Mmmmm... Dick's! And tonight once we get home we're headed up to Lakeside Bible Camp for our church's family retreat. I'm really excited for this weekend. There's something wonderful about fellowship outside of the chapel walls. I love going to camp, too, it's where Nic and I met eachother. We have tons of fun memories there :) It's so special to go up to camp with my Nic...

I love Nic!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to hear about a new job and that you are enjoying it! I would love to hear more if you get a chance to email me. :-)

    ReplyDelete