Saturday, September 13, 2008

It was INTENTS

This is where I'll record some of our Meyer Moments

Hopefully this means that friends and family can
keep better track of us :)

Over Labor Day weekend and through the following
week Nic and I headed out on a camping trip!
We have been eager to go camping since we got
married - for our wedding we received lots
of camping gear and couldn't wait to use it!
Thanks so much to all of you who gifted
us with camping gear - we really appreciate
your thoughtfulness and are looking forward
to getting tons of use out of these great things!
We headed out the Friday before Labor day and
were so excited to get to our first camp site that
we missed the first very important turn - hahaha
We got back on track, all the while enjoying a good
laugh because of our silliness. The drive was so long
but incredibly beautiful. We took the North
Cascades Highway - it's a scenic highway across the
mountains to Eastern Washington. We got to
Lake Osoyoos at about 8:30pm Friday night.
Our site was what they called a "primitive" one,
so we had to haul our gear to the site instead of drive
up to it and just unload - that was fun!
After we got all unloaded and set up our camp
site looked pretty good...

Our site was right next to the Okanogan River.
We loved the view and easy access to water.
Unfortunately, we didn't get a shot of our ship
that we bought to take on this trip.
We put in right here, and were immediately blown
across the river to a little nook where we let
down our home-made anchor and put in our
fishing line. No such luck, but we expected to do
most of our fishing at Pearygin Lake anyway.
Our neighbors were Canadian, oh wait, everyone
at the campground was Canadian!

We had such a fun time here despite the wind...
I enjoyed reading a lot. We had some great
campfires at night. One night we popped some jiffy-pop,
another night we made S'mores. So fun!
Here we are, happy as can be. We are convinced,
God did a good thing putting the two of us together!!


Here I am...not barefoot, nor am I pregnant,
but right where I should be - in the 'kitchen' :)
haha, just kidding!!
After a few days we packed up camp and headed down to
Pearygin Lake. This was, in our opinion, a much better
campground. Nic grew up going here with his family and family
friends, so naturally, I loved going here and seeing where he
enjoyed vacationing as a kid. We spent three nights here, and made
some great friends with our neighbors, who were from Whidbey Island.
There were lots of deer, ducks, and chipmunks.
I love animals, so this was fun for me. Especially the
fact that the deer and ducks would come so close!
Nic practiced his paparazi skills on the ducks...
We put the ship in the lake here, too, and
caught a couple fish! For lunch one day, I cooked up
the fish I caught. It was really good! We went for a
couple good walks. Floated around the lake on our boat.
And...we went skinny dipping! :) Scandalous!
We didn't realize that the store where we could
buy firewood was going to be closed, so we definitely ran
out and didn't have any for the last two nights we were there.
So, one of the nights we just walked around in the dark and
enjoyed the stars. That's one thing that was really great about
our camping trip - our tent has a mesh top if we leave the
rain fly off, so we were able to stargaze as we fell asleep.
The stars were immeasurably numerous and so clear.

After our few days at the lake near Winthrop, we packed
up and headed to Ocean Shores to join my brother and sister,
and a couple of my brother's friends for some fun at the beach!
My parents have a perfect getaway home at the beach, so
we were able to enjoy the ocean without setting up our TENT! :)
Nic and I got there Thursday night and everyone else
wasn't coming until Friday evening. We took advantage of
this time to ourselves and enjoyed a quiet day.
Amy and Chris came to join us Friday evening and we
had dinner all ready for them! Diced kielbasa, red, green and orange peppers
quartered red potatoes and lots of love! That night we
played Pictionary and enjoyed it like crazy! Can't remember the
last time we played that game, but it was incredible.
After we played that, we watched Michael Clayton...I fell asleep...
this will not be a surprise to most who know me ;)
French Toast for breakfast, thanks Chris!
Nick and Leslie joined us at about noon and we headed
to the BEACH! Stopping first, of course, at the local surf
shop to rent wet suits, boogie boards, and skim boards.
After we had our fill of water sports, were chilled to the bone,
and more hungry that we could tell we brought back our gear
and went across the street to a little fish n' chips place.
The Sandcastle has a great specials board, we chose
fish, chips and chowder - yum! At some point in time, we
played Scrabble - Leslie is really good, and yes, she won...
after getting an extra 50 points for kicking off the game with
'feedings' - incredible! We also played Pictionary again, boys against girls.
I'll let you guess who won...yep, GIRLS! Yes!
It was a lot of fun, we had a couple re-matches, and girls dominated,
of course. :) For dinner we made up some grilled cheese sandwiches and
tomato soup. Then we toasted marshmallows over the
element on the stove - yes they still catch FIRE without a flame!
These were for delicious s'mores.
The next morning, this would be Sunday, we all went our separate ways.
Chris and Amy headed home so that Chris could
make it to work on-time, Nick and Leslie went to get some
salt water taffy before heading home...Nic and I decided to
head up to Neah Bay and Cape Flattery for the afternoon.
AS IF WE HADN'T ALREADY DRIVEN 800+ MILES! :)
But away we went and enjoyed every second.
The drive was beautiful, we stopped at Beach 4,
unexpectedly saw a WHALE!, and had a great time
running around on the Peninsula. We got home at about 11 Sunday night.
I had to work at Starbucks Monday morning at 7:30, so we
couldn't stick around on the coast until Monday.
That's okay! All good things must come to an end.
Overall, our trip was amazing and we can't wait for another!

I'm sure I've left out so many details, Lord willing, I will
be able to recall the rest when I think back on this glorious vacation.

:)

1 comment: