Monday, April 26, 2010

Daisy and Jack

A little rambling about our duckies:

We have ducklings! They are the sweetest little dears in all the world. They are tiny and have the cutest little fuzzy tiny wings. We are so excited and can't wait to see them grow up. I don't know much about ducks, but have been told that if they're nurtured when young they make pretty good pets and will follow me around like a good dog. This will be fun to discover as they get bigger. They are living at Steve and Carol's right now, but probably Thursday night we'll go get them and keep them here with us in our bathroom. These are our first pets since being married... Maybe a little strange animal to start with, being our peers have started off with kittens or puppies....even goldfish. But this seems perfect - I love birds and these ducklings are the perfect gift. We think they're a mr. and mrs. but won't know for sure until they're older and their colors start to show better, but we're going out on a limb and have decided to name them Daisy and Jack. Nic tried to convince me on some of the more typical duck names - Daffy, Huey, Duey, Loui, Donald, etc. So I decided to compromise with Daisy and then go with a totally non-duck name...Jack for our mr.

Anyway, I only met them yesterday, so I'm really happy about our new little birds. And I can't wait to have them with us so that they will get more used to us...

QUACK ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment