Monday, August 8, 2011

IT'S A BOY!

Yay! We're having a baby BOY!!!!!!

(and now I know how my Mom feels when she says "That's MY boy!")

I just had my 20 week ultrasound this afternoon and it was very clear what gender our baby is!

Everything looked and sounded perfect...

** Here are some things to note about our Baby Boy **
~ He weighs about 13 oz ~
~ He is between 7 and 8 inches long ~
~ His heartbeat is 143 bpm (Absolutely, THE most beautiful sound in the whole world!) ~
~ He likes to lay on his back and have his legs crossed "Indian" style ~
~ He loves to kick his Mommy! ~

After my appointment Nic and I went to Red Robin for lunch.
Then to Khol's to pick out something cute for our baby! This is what we chose...

He will be so cozy when he is born this winter!


And I couldn't help but get this... : )

Front Says "Moo the Cow"


And on his booty there is this adorable cow!



 ** And Some Things To Note About My Pregnancy **

~ I haven't felt sick hardly at all unless (in first trimester) I didn't eat every 2 hours, then I had a little tummy ache, but nothing that kept me down ~
~ I started to feel my BOY moving around at 16 weeks ~
~ Nic felt baby moving from the outside at 18 weeks ~
~ I prefer salty foods over sweet ~
~ I am having Reese's Puffs for breakfast every morning. Who knew? ~
~ At my 18 week appointment I had only gained 2 pounds ~
~ A few foods I am loving right now: Greek Honey Yogurt, Reese's Puffs, Potato Chips and lots of Milk! ~
~ I have been enjoying relaxing by reading a lot ~
~ I have never been really into swimming, but we've been at the pool at least a few times a week this summer - Gotta keep me cool in this sometimes unbearable heat! ~


Ok, that's it for now, I need to read...and take a nap!

I LOVE MY BABY BOY!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa! I'm so excited for you guys and that you get to experience this amazing thing! God bless you and your two guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayayayayayayayay!!! It's a BOY!!!! :D I'm so excited!! I can't wait to come and see you in october! I love you sissy and I miss you so much. You're going to be a Mommy!! I still can't believe it :D I already have a couple things for you.. Pondering if I should just mail them or try to stuff them in my luggage when I come to IA.. What do you think? :) love you Sissy, SO much. -Auntie AJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! So happy for you two. God bless and protect you and your growing family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you two! :)

    ReplyDelete